Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Splash images for WACUP  (Read 25470 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Splash images for WACUP
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
I love the abstract ones. Seems like the newer PNGs work way better than the original.

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 03:00:08 AM »
some Pink Floyd ?
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

niwrad

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »
Simple Splash 2

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:38 PM »
So, this would be a more official approach ;) (with images grabbed from the official logo's thread >> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,487.0.html )

nostromov

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 11:54:13 PM »
Feel free to download and use on your WACUP!

Hey, guys!..:) One of the first things I've noticed in Preferences, after installing, was the "Show splash screen at startup" option.. and, OMG., there's a forum topic about it; nice, thank you so much!! :))

These are some very cool images made, it's a shame that I'll have to rotate them manually - to be able to enjoy all (how awesome would that option be, to be able to automagically get 'em to change on each load); & um, wish I had something to contribute, BUT what I can do is SINCERELY THANK EVERYBODY involved with everything about this WinAMP project - our beloved, ULTIMATE, MP3 player. =)

^^ And perhaps keep the splash image on for longer.. because the ones here in the thread are totally-beautiful! xD

EDIT: Oh, the Show splash screen at startup preference says:

(Note: Place a splash.png or splash.bmp in your settings folder to customise the image that's shown)
.. Except, where's the "settings" folder - and, as far as I've able to tell, there's no "splash.x" file anywhere, to be able to figure this out myself. Some help, please, while I'm sticking the splash images all-over-the-place to see what works? xF

EDIT: Right, got it!.. It is simply the local user AppData folder, to place a splash.png or splash.bmp file in:

Code: [Select]
%AppData%\WACUP
^^ Use the Run... box to get there, keyboard shortcut is: Windows logo key + R (Opens teh Run dialog box :))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:36:02 AM by nostromov »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »

^^ And perhaps keep the splash image on for longer.. because the ones here in the thread are totally-beautiful! xD

Splash images are supposed to be displayed momentarily as the main app is loading. The time it takes depends on your computer system (age and configuration). My system only takes a few seconds to load WACUP and I like it that way.

If dro decides to allow the splash images to be displayed longer, I hope it will be done as an option with the current behavior as the default.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
I don't intend on changing how long its shown for as it's purely there whilst things are loading & are somewhat unresponsive / not fully loaded. Having it stay there after that would actually be counterintuitive as it's then blocking access to the ui.

-dro

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 10:10:18 PM »
Small update related to splash screen support, WACUP v1.0.17 & newer will have support to make use of transparency in loaded splash.png files for some more flexibility in the shape of the splash screen.

-dro