Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Latest Public Preview Release: Build #17040 (September 30th 2023)  (Read 25160 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
It happened at last, after 2.5 years of work since the prior public preview build, a new beta preview build of WACUP has been released as can be downloaded from https://getwacup.com/preview/. This build will not be reported as something to update from within the existing WACUP install which'll be enabled for a later preview build next month (October 2023).

If you are an existing beta tester then it's recommended to keep using the beta builds unless you prefer to move to a slower cadence of build updates. As of this initial release the only difference between beta & preview is to do with the update process where beta builds update to beta builds & preview builds update to preview &/or final builds depending on what is provided at the time.

The preview builds will aim to be updated roughly once a month or two (subject to the nature of any issues & IRL which sadly happened between builds #3276 & #4130) whilst beta builds will hopefully still be being updated every 1-2 weeks depending on testing needs & how development is going (some things take longer to sort out which can cause longer delays between builds).

If you are interested in getting more involved and using newer builds than are provided then you may consider becoming a beta tester & just need to drop me ("dro") a PM (personal message) on this forum to be considered.

Changelogs:
-dro
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 02:59:16 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Public Preview Release: Build #3276 (January 28 2019)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:38:55 PM »
The public preview build has now been updated to build #3276 with the build specific changelog at https://getwacup.com/preview/preview_1_0_1_3276.html which includes all of the changes from the beta builds since build #3174 was released. The first post has also been updated to link to the prior changelog for those interested & who've come in to see things at this preview build :)

-dro
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:42:42 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Public Preview Release: Build #4130 (August 23 2019)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 01:41:07 PM »
The public preview build has now been updated to build #4130 with the build specific changelog at https://getwacup.com/preview/preview_1_0_5_4130.html which includes all of the changes from the beta builds since build #3276 was released (~240 lines of changes but so much more work to get to this point after IRL issues & an un-wanted almost 7 month delay in public preview builds). The first post has also been updated to link to the prior changelog for those interested & who've come in to see things at this preview build :)

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Public Preview Release: Build #4130 (August 23 2019)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
Small update after the new preview release last week (thanks to those who commented, etc in relation to it), https://getwacup.com/preview/ now has a specific portable installer for those needing it (e.g. WINE installs / limited user access setups).

For most of you the standard installer & the options it already provide is what's needed but this additional installer hopefully increases the means for those wanting to install WACUP to now able to do so when access is limited or you just want to keep things a bit simpler :)

-dro