Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Copy/paste items to/from playlist  (Read 6316 times)

altered

• View Profile
Copy/paste items to/from playlist
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:12:47 AM »
It would be useful to be able to hit Ctrl-C (or a menu item) and have the selected playlist item(s) copied to the clipboard as links. Likewise for pasting via Ctrl-V back into the playlist. This is one of those features which is standard virtually everywhere in Windows but which Winamp doesn't support.

There's a Drag n Drop plugin, but dragging and dropping is not as useful, and the plugin also crashes constantly.

Thanks

• View Profile
Re: Copy/paste items to/from playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
drag+drop plugin hasnt worked for years. if you have one that does, please let me know :)

Saundi-Hemmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
I would like have this extended to saving partial playlist file too.
For example, select songs from playlist editor, then rmb menu would give some "export" function with "copy selected to clipboard|save selected as .txt|save selected as playlist" and latter one you could choose m3u(8)/pls/whatever as in saving playlist normally, also checkbox "
  • extend [ ] top
  • bottom of existing playlist" would be nice to create new playlists from only the best ones from thousands of songs from current playlist.

For copy/paste, I think it would need selection what to copy, just songnames or filepaths?

altered

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 04:27:21 AM »
drag+drop plugin hasnt worked for years. if you have one that does, please let me know :)

This one still works most of the time: https://web.archive.org/web/20160316222828/http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/

I ended up making a plugin myself for ctrl-c/x and ctrl-v in the playlist but I had to edit the Winamp exe to remove the built-in keyboard shortcuts which were preventing this from working. I think this could easily be implemented in WACUP.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:26:41 PM »
Removing actions is no more different than what I'd need to do via anything wacup provided.

I'm in the middle of replacing the playlist editor ui code with my own so I'm putting some thought into these things but for a first attemp I don't want to break existing features.

However non-windows the playlist editor works isn't something I want to do lightly &/or would require an option to change the expected behaviour & then it's what should be default.

Maybe changing to be more windows like is better but I'm a bit torn tbh.

-dro