Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Window Sizing  (Read 5598 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Window Sizing
« on: February 27, 2019, 04:24:43 AM »
Request that window sizing allow for finer/smoother adjustment. Also for any corner adjustment.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Window Sizing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:44:06 AM »
Should be a option in the Preferences window in the Classic Skin subsection where 'Skins' is (Screenshot is of a old Winamp version but it still applies)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
Smooth resizing is the option for classic skins but you then lose the option to easily dock the windows during sizing when it's enabled (something I want so it'll eventually get implemented).

Not sure about allowing any side resizing as I know most modern skins allow for it but the classic skin engine isn't really built to do that as it assumes bottom-right for all sizing interactions.

It could be changed but it might need to be something done as an opt-in than on by default (as my initial thought to the idea).

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »
Thank you The1_Freeman & dro. Amazing that, after near-2 decades, there is still stuff about this player I am discovering! -cheers

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 02:59:03 AM »
a quick post on  my current sizing setup. I set it to 3 pixels and got everything to size and dock to my satisfaction (99.999% of my display). I also decided to avoid the vis crashing by simply hiding the enhancer window as I don't really need it visible, just active.