Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: looks like there will be an "official" winamp in 2019  (Read 5431 times)

green87e

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
looks like there will be an "official" winamp in 2019
« on: October 17, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »
https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/audio/a23797304/winamp-is-coming-back-in-2019/

This just popped up on my news feed. I don't know if it will be anywhere near the greatness WACUP offers.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: looks like there will be an "official" winamp in 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:07:29 AM »
Probably not especially as they've done as I thought they would based on the recent techcrunch article with winamp 5.8 noted as the last 'official' windows release (am more surprised they actually did this & now the internet will freak out 🙄).

The difference between what's been released and the leaky build is also underwhelming (feels like a rush job to tick a box somewhere tbh) but matches with what the techcrunch interview implied. Plus one of the WACUP beta testers noted that it's still the 'beta' installer so that doesn't instil confidence & I'll stick with my WACUP build thankyouverymuch, heh.
Changes since unofficial build 3563

Removed ml_nowplaying; updated libogg, libvorbis, libflac & libopenmpt; copyright updates; added more genres to file info dialog; new digital cert; various other general tweaks, fixes and prep work....
-dro