Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Yar-matey! Playlist Copier  (Read 10634 times)

hanschke

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Yar-matey! Playlist Copier
« on: September 30, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
Can you add it please :) So I dont need a standalone installer :)

https://winampplugins.co.uk/gen_yar/index.html

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Yar-matey! Playlist Copier
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 12:12:59 AM »
It's not hard to just install it once ;) I'm not sure about adding it to be honest as it in its current state needs more work to have it to be able to work on library playlists so it's a more complete solution. So I might do some work on the plug-in later on but I'm still not keen with adding it into WACUP (hard to put into words).

-dro

hanschke

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
Thank you for replay. I use it very much and it is very helpful :)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
Maybe a better option would be to have a known good curated list of plug-ins and a way to obtain them in-wacup based on what is tested / suggested & confirmed to not cause issues (e.g. must be portable aware & not have odd external dependencies). That might be a better solution 🙂

-dro

DeltaCity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »
+1 for including Playlist Copier in WACUP or a separate package/list of compatible plugins.

On the subject, I've got a problem with the "Create playlist" function of Playlist Copier v1.12 with every version of WInAMP i've tried. The m3u files it generates seem to be in a binary format - definitely not the usual m3u format - and don't work, so I have to create my own after doing the copy. Has anyone else seen this? I attach an example. The copy function itself works perfectly.

cheers, and thanks for WACUP which i've only just discovered. :)

DC

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
I'll try & allocate some time soon(ish) to look into the playlist issue though I'm not aware of the issue tbh.

-dro

DeltaCity

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 11:07:02 PM »
Thanks, it's a weird issue.The m3u does have bits of some of the filenames (not all) and lots of extended characters. I guess it is a text, rather than binary file as I first thought, but I don't know why it's so odd.

I've tried on Win7-32 and Win7-64 on lots of different WinAMP builds and I get the same result.

DC