Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Library Scanning  (Read 78 times)

MikeNick

• View Profile
Library Scanning
« on: March 19, 2024, 03:21:40 PM »
I have been trying to add new MP3s to my library. I have a large MP3 collection (>32G).  Every time I add a file, or update a file with album art, the program goes in to scanning mode.  Once in scanning mode, I am unable to work with the library.  The first time I waited.  It took several hours.  I have resorted to exiting the program to stop the scanning.

The previous version I was on never scanned with being directed.  Is there an option, or plug-in or setting I need to change to stop automatic scanning every time something is added to the library?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Library Scanning
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 06:08:29 PM »
It's a known bug with WACUP's local library plug-in which your setup seems to be one of the ones more sensitive to it.

The prior build I assume you were using might've been the 1.0.21.7236 build & that was still re-using the plug-in from 5.666 whereas anything in the 1.9.x build range is using WACUP's own implementation which due to being new has some teething issues & I'm still working on testing the changes which should finally resolve it.

The scanning state is something my plug-in does to indicate something is meant to be happening but the nature of bug means it won't always break out of it & so it will just sit there basically doing nothing. The only solution is either going back to a prior build or waiting a few more weeks for me to get everything finished off & verified with a new beta build before the preview build will then get an update for this & a slew of other related issues that the current preview build is experiencing.

-dro

MikeNick

• View Profile
Re: Library Scanning
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 07:25:37 PM »
Hi dro,

Thanks.  FWIW, I uninstalled and reinstalled without the Media Library option.  Everything is smooth. 

And, yes.  I had been on 5.666 for quite some time.