Big Bento Modern - final release v1.13

• 160 Replies

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Big Bento Modern - final release v1.13
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »

Tired of Winamp looking so old and microscopic? Big Bento Modern is a complete re-design of the last Winamp default skin, aiming to be readable -and usable- on high resolutions, with a fresh look and smooth animations.

Years in the making, it's now offered for free, spread the word if you like it and/or donate what you can (with PayPal) so we can keep our beloved music player really up to date (mods and color themes requests accepted!).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The skin is launched on 4 languages (english, spanish, french and polish*), if you wish to translate it to your language, just contact me.

Zip file includes standard and a Windows 10 styled version, both with light mode. Just place all folders (don't rename it!) on your Winamp skin's directory. Read the included .txt for extra details on the skin, languages and WACUP related info.

* Polish lang pack done and updated by Paweł Porwisz and french by Azuryth, big thanks to both of them!
* Also, big thanks to Darren Owen for the shortcuts (to IPC Calls) used on Playlist info buttons.

Skinners note: I'll upload the maki source files later.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Changelog:

1.1.3 (2019-02-01):
New = Big timer now has hours digits (click on timer to cycle until it appears).
Fixed = [WACUP users] Small timers not showing when using Autoplay (thanks Der_Rio!).
Fixed = [WACUP users] Integrated waveform seeker stays visible when switching from Shade mode (thanks Der_Rio!).
Improved = [WACUP users] Switching "Use integrated waveform seeker" no longer triggers a skin refresh.
Improved = [WACUP users] Playback buttons shifts a bit when using "Integrated Waveform seeker" (and return to its original position when disabled or detached).

1.1 (2018-12-18):

New = [WACUP users] Waveseeker integrated into the skin (with opt-out).
New = Color themes love! >> New and novel config page to select themes.
New = Color themes love! >> Direct access to Color themes page on Right-click menu.
New = Color themes love! >> New color themes, obviously.
New = Right-click on Main Menu button to open Winamp preferences.
New = (Multi-Button Bolt) If set to "Change Color Theme", Ctrl. + click will switch to previous CT.
New = Click on Shade mode Songticker brings up a Quick Playlist.
New = Double-Click on Resizers (top, bottom, right, left) now makes the player fit the screen horizontally or vertically.
New = Alternative visualizer (enable it on right click).
New = Direct access from main Right-Click menu to "About the skin and the skinner".
New = (About skin) Added direct access to Changelog.
New = Complete French Language pack, even translating color themes! (thanks Azuryth!).
New = [WACUP users] Bolt multi-button use WACUP logo.
New = [WACUP users] WACUP logo used in File info branding.
Fixed = Windows 10 version background behind song info area incorrectly cut off.
Fixed = Podcasts links now open on external or internal browser, according to the option selected on Skin Settings/Web Content (thanks Juanus).
Fixed = Feedback - help - bugs button now heads up directly to the active WACUP thread instead of the old -closed- one (thanks Juanus).
Fixed = [WACUP users] "Load another playlists" button now works (Playlist Info view).
Fixed = Switching from dock state doesn't leave an blank component area on the skin.
Fixed = Player no longer shows a blank component area when switching from Light/Dark skin version under certain conditions.
Fixed = If Playlist AND Playlist info view were opened when closing winamp, at re-opening PL wouldn't be opened. Fixed now.
Fixed = Opening Playlist Editor straight from Shade mode (i.e. Alt+E or Songticker RC) no longer leaves a blank SUI area.
Fixed = Button to "show hidden tabs" now works according to if video and/or Playlist tabs are disabled.
Fixed = (File info) Missplaced shade on the background over non-square covers (thanks Azuryth).
Fixed = Expand Window button no longer reappears on fullscreen after switching tabs or on Winamp's reload.
Fixed = Side Playlist now uses the previously saved width when opened from Shade mode or Tab Playlist (original Bento bug!!).
Fixed = Video 1x and 2x won't resize a maximized player when "Autoresize Main Window if maximized" is off.
Fixed = Shade's width and position now matches Normal mode's when switching from fullscreen and "Link shade and player width" is on.
Fixed = (Multi content view) On Full Vis View, Vis buttons no longer overlap with Lyrics and Video Search buttons.
Fixed = (File info view) When hiding cover through button, the Undo message was missplaced if Vis & Cover were ON.
Fixed = (Notifications) Pause and Resume notifications re-enabled and improved behaviour.
Fixed = (Notifications) "Close.." and "Search artist info" -on click- now also works when "Hold open.." is OFF.
Fixed = (Notifications) Playing video when "Show album tag" is ON, no longer shows overlapped text.
Fixed = (Playlist Search) Can't make it go away when clicking outside, but now it's gone when PL dissapears.
Improved = Visualizer no longer uses a patch gfx.
Improved = Some cursors are now more indicative of its function.
Improved = Normalization of most menu's positions on Left or Right-click (yeah, perfectionist's OCD).
Improved = (Playlist Info view) "Import current PL" and "View saved Playlists" now expands the SUI area if it's collapsed.
Improved = (Multi-Button Bolt) Tooltip now shows the currently selected function.
Improved = (Multi-Button Bolt) Skin settings and View bookmarks now expands the SUI area if it's collapsed.
Improved = (Songticker Right-click) "Scroll Playlist to this track" now opens Playlist editor AND THEN scrolls to the playing track.
Improved = If "Button to show hidden tabs" is enabled and player's height is not calling it, the button appears briefly to indicate it's there.
Improved = Default player size on first run now matches that of Big Bento.
Improved = (File info) Spacing is now fixed for song info Bitrate / Frequency, to show 3 digits KHZ (thanks Azuryth) and reduce processing.
Improved = Side Playlist is closed when going below its minimum width (needed to ensure buttons visibility + a usable size) - Visible on user resize and side snap.
Improved = Side Playlist forces player width to ensure its visibility if triggered on a too small player.
Improved = (Notifications) Hold open now works way better (even freezing a leaving notification!)
Improved = Selecting various items on PL search results is a bit better now.
Improved = EQ and Skin config scrollbars now respond to mouse wheel.
Improved = Skin config behaves a bit differently now, specially Notification options.
Improved = Windows 10 version graphics more Windows 10-like (i.e. minimize-maximize-close).
Improved = Gfx change for the button/divider of the tabs area to better hint its function (click-to-open/close).
Improved = Updated spanish lang pack with new strings (including color themes! Queeee???).
Changed = All skin settings (opened windows, position, etc) are shared/mantained across normal and Win10 (light and dark) versions.
Changed = Bye bye Light and Dark VERSIONS, welcome Light and Dark MODES =) .

1.02 (2018-05-19):
Fixed = Windows 10 light version shade seeker missplaced
Fixed = Windows 10 light version didn't have custom fonts if Big Bento Modern was missing
Fixed = Some color themes bits here and there
Fixed = Now tooltip of the "Show Tab's Text" button changes to "Hide Tab's Text" when needed
Improved = Lyric and video search finders work better now on streams
Improved = Small timers now hide when playing a stream

1.01 (2018-05-17):
Fixed = Windows 10 version asking for files on "Big Bento Modern"
Changed = Pause no longer triggers a notification (temporary workaround for a pausing issue).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:01:35 PM by victhor »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Pack)
Re: Big Bento Modern - final release
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:57:13 PM »
💖

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:42:10 AM »
Damn! I forgot I intended to post v1.0 changelog here. It's not that different from v0.94 but here it goes:

v1.0 changelog:
New = Install / update your language straight from the Skin Settings or Right-click menu.
New = Added Hover image to Frame divider (on main display) so it's easier to differentiate when (and what) is going to be selected.
New = (File info) Cool bg pic for streamings.
New = (File info) Animations on covers.
New = (File info) Added option to hide background.
New = (File info) Added option to scroll text if it doesn't fit.
New = Added Undo message/button after hiding Album art on File info.
New = Old browser replaced with Web Reader.
New = Added option to open links on default browser or in the new and handy Web Reader (internal browser).
New = Added option to use wether Google or Bing as search engines.
New = (Shortcut) "Ctrl.+F" will perform a web search of current track (except if Playlist is visible, where it works as usual).
New = Turned Bolt into Multibutton (Right-click to set).
New = Added active states to Multibuttons (enabled when user selects something different than default).
New = (Visualizer) Added option to show grid (Right-click).
New = Hit F11 to toggle Fullscreen.
New = (Skin settings - Appearance) Enable/Disable new button to show Hidden tabs (when player height is too low).
New = Right-click on Volume button quickly activates / deactivates mute.
New = (Right side Playlist) Right-click on collapse button brings up the album art panel.
New = Fine-tuned existing Bento themes to better fit this skin and added around 20-30 new ones.
Fixed = Notification no longer ignores "Relative to viewport" option on vertical taskbar (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = Snap to edges when the SUI is hidden no longer leaves an "empty" enlarged player.
Fixed = Track info is no longer visible on "Branding view" (big Winamp logo).
Fixed = All internet searches will play well with "&" character.
Fixed = Fullscreen state is saved between sessions (+ a lot of AeroSnap behaviours).
Fixed = (Notifications) Multi-monitor support.
Fixed = (File info) Click to cycle file info.
Fixed = Restored "Link shade and player width" option.
Fixed = Restored "On Titlebar Doubleclick" options.
Fixed = Playlist search bar doesn't deactivate instantly if PL is not visible.
Fixed = Re-enabled "Skin settings" menu entry
Fixed = Re-enabled "EQ" menu entry
Fixed = Gibberish text appearing on Playlist info view (total playlist time)
Changed = (Custom buttons) Quick access option changed to Bookmark Curren Item.
Changed = (Custom buttons) SHOUTcast option has no sub-menu
Changed = (Playlist Info View) Removed PL size (no one noticed it never worked?) and re-arranged buttons (thanks Pawel!)
Changed = Playlist search and Songticker now display centered text. Hard choice, but it looks cleaner for me.
Improved = File info tags has new items: BPM (new) and Publisher (re-added).
Improved = "Album art not found" pics way sharper now across the whole skin (including radio pics).
Improved = Implemented Aero snap fixes by PJN123 (now is possible to move player to another screen with AeroSnap enabled).
Improved = (Custom buttons) Added option (Winamp install folder) + a lot of translation work.
Improved = (Custom buttons) Added option to View Bookmarks (go straight to it).
Improved = (Custom buttons) Translation and general legibility improvements for "Open Folder/URL" dialog.
Improved = (File Info) Hide Cover button now shows on entering the Album cover area.
Improved = Small tweaks to achieve a 100% translatable skin without tweaking images.
Improved = (Notifier) Long strings scroll if not enough space.
Improved = (Web Reader) Loading bar is animated so its functionality is more evident.
Improved = Better differentiation between streaming and generic ("not-found") Album art.
Improved = Changed how legacy Color themes apply to each element (now the effect is closer to original).
Improved = Visualizer finally has all lines of an equal size (it's a bit bigger too).
Improved = EQ presets more spacey now (helps with translation).
Improved = Dark and Light versions of each skin now share files, so the whole thing is lighter now.
+ more gfx fixes and/or improvements
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:25:25 AM by victhor »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 12:45:15 AM »
💖

Down the road, a WACUP exclusive release will be made, for sure ;) .

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:38:13 AM »
This Windows 10 edition is FIRE! :fire: :fire: :fire:
Blow the reggae horn!
I didn't know what improvements you were going to make but this skin is AMAZING!
So many options. I feel like I fell in love all over again.
All the options! All the Color themes! All the modern look and feel!
I swear my music sounds better just by looking at it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:38:50 AM by Juanus »

musicf8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 03:31:48 AM »
Wow, this is amazing!  Well done Victhor!

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 03:37:30 AM »
This Windows 10 edition is FIRE! :fire: :fire: :fire:
Blow the reggae horn!
I didn't know what improvements you were going to make but this skin is AMAZING!
So many options. I feel like I fell in love all over again.
All the options! All the Color themes! All the modern look and feel!
I swear my music sounds better just by looking at it!

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:38:24 AM »
Wow, this is amazing!  Well done Victhor!

Proud to be your first post heh (Thanks!)

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:46 AM »
Victhor,
Thank you for your work. Thank you for your passion. Thank you for this amazing skin!
I've already said that, but you can repeat it forever. The skin is just great. Plenty of options, features, amazing graphics, every pixel means something :)

Polish translation works very nice (tested with Winamp). I hope, DrO will work even harder (is this even possible?) to add translation system to WACUP (then translators can start his work to prepare language pack for WACUP - I really hope someone from community will take on this hard task... For sure I will try).

Ps: At times like this, I think to myself I have not wasted my time on supporting Winamp...

-Pawel

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »
Victhor,
Thank you for your work. Thank you for your passion. Thank you for this amazing skin!
I've already said that, but you can repeat it forever. The skin is just great. Plenty of options, features, amazing graphics, every pixel means something :)

Wow! Thanks for your words, I love to see people enjoying my work this much, specially other devs! ;) . I wish I only could be faster to deliver, 2 years is a lot of time (I left it untouched for months at time, but anyway..).

Polish translation works very nice (tested with Winamp). I hope, DrO will work even harder (is this even possible?) to add translation system to WACUP (then translators can start his work to prepare language pack for WACUP - I really hope someone from community will take on this hard task... For sure I will try).

Indeed, luckily by the time this happens it will surely have spanish and polish translators XD .

Ps: At times like this, I think to myself I have not wasted my time on supporting Winamp...

The future of Winamp is on our shoulders now.. can be hard at times. Sometimes there´s a feeling that our work goes for a small handful of people, but from time to time I can see how Winamp is still present on the general internet culture and feel a little bit better.

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »
I've been playing with all of the settings (so many settings!!!)
However, under the settings appearance menu, there is a choice for "Enable Button to show hidden tabs"
I cannot see what that button does or what it changes. What am I missing?

Thanks for this amazing skin. I love the new font and font sizes!

paradoXx

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 04:44:34 PM »
Great update!
However, I'm having two problems:
1. If I pause playback while the notification is visible, the notification won't disappear (and will even pause the fading animation) until I click on it or resume playback. This problem already existed in the previous version. Hoped it would be fixed in 1.0
2. I can't enter the 'search playlist' bar anymore by clicking on it. My current workaround is to right click it, then select an item from the search history and edit it. Pressing esc to exit the search bar won't work either. This issue is new in 1.0

still loving the skin ;)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
I've been playing with all of the settings (so many settings!!!)
However, under the settings appearance menu, there is a choice for "Enable Button to show hidden tabs"
I cannot see what that button does or what it changes. What am I missing?

This enables a button to avoid the need to manually resize the player to reach bottom tabs. See the gif =)

@ParadoXx:
1. Wow! This is on my end too, will fix it.
2. Weird, I changed the behaviour a bit to exchange the Search button for the "Clear search" but the bar is untouched, I can't reproduce it in fact. Do you have a custom font set?

paradoXx

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »
Problem solved. I use the Windows 10 edition. There are some lines in the playlistpro.xml still saying "...file="@SKINSPATH@\Big Bento Modern\...", which doesn't exist anymore.
This also caused an error message on Winamp startup and the disappearence of the search bar after I deleted the old folder.
Renamed the path entries and it works just fine now ;)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 06:35:39 PM »
Problem solved. I use the Windows 10 edition. There are some lines in the playlistpro.xml still saying "...file="@SKINSPATH@\Big Bento Modern\...", which doesn't exist anymore.
This also caused an error message on Winamp startup and the disappearence of the search bar after I deleted the old folder.
Renamed the path entries and it works just fine now ;)

Thanks for the info, I was noticed about the nonexistent files asked through another channel, it's fixed now (this is consequence of the last minutes changes of every release..). The notification is a bit trickier so for the time being I've disabled the notification triggered when pausing. Changelog updated.