Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern v1.2  (Read 203213 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Big Bento Modern - final release v1.13
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
But still the same issues.

Nope, re download the skin may be not enough. I don't like to suggest this so often, but deleting studio.xnf should fix it (normally located at c:/users/USERNAME/Appdata/roaming/wacup)

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »
I don't like to suggest this so often, but deleting studio.xnf should fix it
Sorry, I havn't read all of your posts. So I have not known this. 0:-)
Do I have to delete this file every time I install a new WACUP with a new BBM version? If so, maybe dro should add an option to delete this file in the setup (for the beta versions)?

I've deteted this file now.
The notification bug still exists. BUT not with my local tracks. Just with this radio stream:
https://ndr-ndr2-niedersachsen.sslcast.addradio.de/ndr/ndr2/niedersachsen/mp3/128/stream.mp3

The timer bug is still there, too. BUT I've found out that the minus is only missng if I play a track longer than one hour!
So for tracks
< 1h: -0:12:34 (remaining time)
> 1h: 1:12:34 (remaining time)
Rio :)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »
Sorry, I havn't read all of your posts. So I have not known this. 0:-)

Nahh it was just a self-nagging because of how often I found myself on that position heh..
Do I have to delete this file every time I install a new WACUP with a new BBM version?
Nope, only when A SKIN setting gets stuck. Modern skins save their preferences (window position, hidden components, etc) in that file, and sometimes it gets too "dirty". When deleting it, Winamp creates a new one (on closing) with fresh skin settings (your old settings get lost).

... I've found out that the minus is only missng if I play a track longer than one hour!..

THAT'S THE KEY, I'm seeing it now. Will be fixed for the next build!

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2019, 03:10:56 AM »
And it's me again. :-)=)
If I click on the visualization I can just toggle between Spectrum Analyzer modes _OR_ Oscilloscope modes.
If I want to swichtch between Spectrum and Oscilloscope I have to go to Preferences|Skins|Classic Skins|Clasic Visualization and change the settings.

Activating or deactivating Classic Visualizaion in the right-click context menu dosn't seem to change anything (or I'm too stupid blind ;) ).

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2019, 03:21:18 AM »
Hmm, the classic skin vis options shouldn't be having any effect on modern skin settings...

-dro

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2019, 03:33:21 AM »
Hmm, the classic skin vis options shouldn't be having any effect on modern skin settings...

-dro
I was surprised myself ...

BTW I see what the conext menu "Classic Visualization" does: switching between mono and stereo view. (So I WAS stupid blind ... ;-( )

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:33 AM »
If I click on the visualization I can just toggle between Spectrum Analyzer modes _OR_ Oscilloscope modes.

I noted this, it's not working under WACUP, stopped working a couple of builds back, think I've pointed it out on the Discord server (or not, maybe it was only on my mind hah). What I didn't noticed was that it was linked to the preferences on classic skins =/ .

Activating or deactivating Classic Visualizaion in the right-click context menu dosn't seem to change anything (or I'm too stupid blind ;) ).

Actually, the "modern" visualization is a stereo vis MIRRORED on the right. It should reflect left and right channels but those params are broken on Winamp (never worked actually).
And precisely because those params are broken, some users suggested to use a simple vis (not mirrored), which I did, using a wider/thicker "band", but a slightly shorter total width. All these may not be quite noticeable on high resolutions.. (I can tell the difference in a heart beat, but I'm the author... XD )

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »
By the way, I can't replicate this issue anymore (2 different setups, Win7 and Win10), seems like fixed on my end, but it may be random. And I did a clean install with Preview build so that might have fixed it..

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »
I did a clean install with WACUP v1.0.0.3174. But I'm still having the missing minus with track over 1h.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
I was referring to the Visualization issue. The missing minus will be fixed for the next build of my skin.

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2019, 10:25:34 PM »
OK. But I can't sense any difference with the Visualization bug (no switching between osci / spectrum) with the clean install either.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2019, 05:30:59 PM »
OK. But I can't sense any difference with the Visualization bug (no switching between osci / spectrum) with the clean install either.

I'm trying to discard possible triggers for this issue, can you please try with the attached file? You'll have to place it (overwriting) on your Big Bento Modern/scripts folder (not Win10 version) and refresh Winamp (F5). Let me know if this fixed the issue.

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2019, 08:44:40 PM »
I tryed your new file. But it dosn't make any difference. :( Still no minus for remaning times >= 1h.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
No, check the visualizer issue

Der_Rio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »
Sorry, stupid me. But I'm a bit sick these days.
Can NOT switch between Oszi / Spectrum by clicking on the visualizer. Still have to use the Classic Skins Prefs.