Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Quinto Black CT v3.8 released  (Read 2203 times)

ariszlo

• View Profile
Quinto Black CT v3.8 released
« on: July 29, 2023, 06:18:58 PM »
Quinto Black CT is the best skeuomorphic Winamp skin for modern desktops, imho. In his 2018 blog entry, dro mentions it as one of the "two skins that stand out from the last year".

Get version 3.8 here.

Unfortunately, Quinto's installer is not WACUP-friendly but there is a workaround to install it for WACUP.

This post will guide you how you can install Quinto for WACUP in the following two scenarios:
  • You have both WACUP and Winamp on your machine.
  • You only have WACUP and do not want to install Winamp just for the sake of Quinto.
1. You have both WACUP and Winamp on your machine
  • Launch the installer and install Quinto for Winamp.
  • Copy the Quinto Black CT v3.8 directory from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup\Skins
2. You only have WACUP (and do not want to install Winamp)
  • In File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Create a new folder named Winamp
  • Enter the newly created Winamp folder and create a new folder named Skins
  • Copy winamp.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp*
  • Launch the installer and install Quinto into the Winamp directory
  • Copy the Quinto Black CT v3.8 directory from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup\Skins
  • Delete the Winamp folder.
*You do not really need the real winamp.exe. It is in fact enough to create a 0-byte plain text file with the filename winamp.exe.
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt