Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: AmpWiFi remote control of WACUP using Android  (Read 1116 times)

Glamrlama

• Interesting Noise is Everywhere.
    • View Profile
AmpWiFi remote control of WACUP using Android
« on: December 31, 2023, 04:12:12 AM »
Hey All.  Just a shout out to the AmpWiFi remote control app on Android to control WACUP.

A very robust remote control with a very intuitive interface.

I rarely touch my PC anymore.  I leave WACUP
running continuously either playing music or paused and typically my only interaction with WACUP is through AmpWiFi.

The only time I go to the computer is to call up previously created playlists.  For example during the holidays I needed to start a seasonal playlist on the computer.  When switching between playlists it takes about 2 seconds for the app to update and recognize the new playlist on your phone.

The App gives typical controls like pause/play, FF, REW, previous track, next track plus shuffle,  random, and volume control.

You get full access to your library for song search and playlist creation on your phone.  (Note you cannot save playlists directly on your phone). 

I have three different profiles on my phone for controlling 3 different computers running WACUP. 

Runs over WiFi (not Bluetooth!) so provides remote control capability throughout my home and a pretty good distance out side.

Can't say enough good things about this App.  Provides a fantastic extension of WACUP.

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: AmpWiFi remote control of WACUP using Android
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 04:24:43 PM »
I agree, it is a great control extension to WACUP.
Been using it for a while.
You can also use it remotely via WAN if you have a VPN.
Just need to create a corresponding profile.
The app developer @mveroukis is still active and keeps the app updated.
The only things I would like to see added are :
   - ability to queue files (JTFE)/ manage queue
   - sort files by date.
Happy new year! :)

Glamrlama

• Interesting Noise is Everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 06:34:29 PM »
Veroukis has recently updated his AmpWiFi android app to control Wacup over WiFi using your phone.

Quashes some bugs and the cue management seems improved (less buggy) and more responsive.

t previously showed some huge song lengths for songs sent to your cue, now these populate as 0:00 until the song starts then gets it right.

Awesome control of Wacup anywhere in the house.

Awesome app.

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 10:56:48 PM »
Yes, did notice the upgrade, glad it's still maintained, very useful.
And I finally managed to build my Home Assistant interface  :) 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:00:30 PM by etsaman »