Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Art Navigator  (Read 20003 times)

Benco

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Art Navigator
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
Hi DrO,

first, I'm not sure you got my message about beta testing. I can't see it in my message box...

My idea is close to the ultimate "playing now" I've already seen on this forum. What about having a way to navigate through all the art embedded  in a file, not only the cover ? I like to have, when possible, all the scans from an album (Qobuz, for example, often provides it), but in Winamp, I can only enjoy the cover. WHat about a plugin that, when double clicking on the cover art , opens an art navigator in which one could swipe from one image to the others. Even better, have all the images arranged depending on their tag, with the box and the inner book (not sure I'm clear enough...)

Anyway, thanks for the great work!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Art Navigator
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:45:11 PM »
If you've sent a PM then it'll start being actioned tomorrow 13th (monday) now that a new build is available I'm working on the backlog of requests.

At the moment 'cover' is all that's done as that's just what the Winamp native behaviour is setup to work with. To support other artwork types (front, back, etc) needs the Winamp UI for handling artwork to be changed & for the relevant plug-ins to be updated (or a shim put in front of them to support it until a replacement plug-in is made e.g. with in_mp3). So doing all of that (which would be more like mp3tag from my experience) is probably going to go a long way towards what you're wanting.

Having a view mode to see what's there (other than via the tagging interface), that's potentially a bit trickier due to only a 'cover' assumption (e.g. modern skins might be hard to get working). Though for classic skins or via a custom plug-in / UI element then I don't see why something couldn't be done (e.g. left/right in the album art plug-ins window could move through the available artwork types). There'd probably also need to be some preference option to determine the read order of the artwork so if needed something else could be the default instead of 'cover' if found (or just how to proceed if a type is missing).

-dro

Benco

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
I'l not sure what you mean in your first paragraph. Do you talk about art editing? Because I only mean visualization.
About that, I'm personally more interested in a modern UI solution, since I use Bento, but I understand the difficulty of it. Maybe a new tab in the media library?
There maybe another solution, but I guess it's more skin-specific : an option could be added to Bento for having all the art displayed in the multi-content view area.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »
Ok, we might have gotten our wires a bit crossed on what's actually being wanted (though it still requires underlying changes made to allow for plug-ins / skins to have the potential to access any of the artwork types that can exist in a tag other than just the 'cover' type). I was referring to viewing & editing but more within the confines of an editing scenario rather than (as I think might now be the case) in showing all of the artwork types at the same time in a view.

Whatever might be done, I hold to it needing to work in any skin type & not just modern skins (which was how it was done officially for a long time to the detriment of classic skin users imho when changes could be made to achieve feature parity). Will have a think about this as it'd probably be more suited in some form for a post v1.0 release.

-dro

Benco

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »
I understand the need for features to work with both type of skins. Maybe the media library tab is the best solution for maximum skin compatibility (even though my preference would go to multi-content view).

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
Relying on the library isn't always a safe assumption either as a lot of people don't like it & won't have it installed (something else I'm trying to do with WACUP is remove the need for the library to be able to still achieve certain functionality like skinning & the send-to menu).

The main down-side with the multi-content view is that it's a very skin specific implementation (i.e. Bento was coded specifically to provide that mode). I get that a lot of people don't bother changing the skin (based on how many I came across over the years despite an option during setup that didn't realise the skin could be changed).

When I'm in a position, then I will hopefully be able to come up with a solution that meets your needs & the other thoughts that it's spawned in my head :)

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:29:20 PM »
@Benco: I think there is already something quite like what you want on Winamp >> https://web.archive.org/web/20170411134247/http://www.skinconsortium.com/index.php?page=ViewDownload&itemID=126
But as you can see, it's heavily relying on a "skin-system"; you have to install Classic Pro, and then the plugin itself.

In case you're interested on testing it and see how much it meets your requirements, let me know and I can hand you over the latest installers. Right now the Skin Consortium's page is down so there is little to no access to their stuff =(, though I'm confident someone is working (or is about to..) on the site to get it back on track.

Benco

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
@victhor : thanks, I'm interested in testing this plugin, could you provide me a link ?

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
I wrote installer for ClassicPro. So, I do have all stuff :P

Here is a widget you are asking: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1511019443/cpro-widget-Picturebox-0.93.exe
-Pawel

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
I wrote installer for ClassicPro. So, I do have all stuff :P

What? How's that? Do you have an installer for the latest beta? (IIRC 2.03 April 2017)

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:57:59 PM »
I am sure I don't have the latest one (Version 2.02 (1 September 2013))
I wrote installer, but it was long time ago. Since that time Martin made some changes if I remember.
For sure, he has got the latest sources...
-Pawel

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
Bit confused on the last few posts as it seems to be talking about cPro and the last version released is included with WACUP and 1001skins has a copy off it. Unless I'm not following what's being talked about...

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
.cPro and the last version released is included with WACUP and 1001skins has a copy off it..

You're right! Haha.. I just don't get used to it.

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
Bit confused on the last few posts as it seems to be talking about cPro and the last version released is included with WACUP and 1001skins has a copy off it. Unless I'm not following what's being talked about...

-dro

Yes, I know you distribute CPro with WACUP :)
But if I am not wrong, you don't distribute all widgets (only BrowserPro, NowPlaying).
@Benco asked about widget (suggested by @victhor) and I have it on my disk (svn copy for 2.02 version) -> Chapterlist, CoolVU, PictureBox,  Shoutbox.
-Pawel

Ps:
CPro in WACUP:
1. You distribute source m files, but I do not see maki compiler...
2. This looks like unpacked installer dir (via 7zip -> to remove?): WACUP\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\widgets\Data\NowPlaying\$SMPROGRAMS
3. This also should be removed, as this includes installes source files (NOT INCLUDED): WACUP\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\widgets\cpro-widget-BrowserPro.nsi

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »
The BrowserPro and NowPllaying widgets are the only ones included in the official installer provided by cPro's developer. WACUP only provides what the official cPro installer does. Yes, there are other widgets that are not included. It's like plug-ins with Winamp/WACUP. There are a great deal more plug-ins available than what are in the official installers.

My point is that developers may provide some support for what is in their official installers, but can not be expected to provide support for what is not.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system