Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Locking the position of Wacupp  (Read 4421 times)

oandras

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Locking the position of Wacupp
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »
Hi.

I want and option to lock the Wacupp position. When you seek the music you can move the player. Im using original Modern Skin.

Thx.

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Locking the position of Wacupp
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »
Yes, you can ACCIDENTALLY drag the player while trying to seek. It's not an option, it's how the skin is done.

Test the version I'm attaching (unzip on skins folder). It has an invisible layer around the seek bar set to "move=0" so it's harder to accidentally hit (and drag) the background of the player.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:05:39 PM by victhor »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Locking the position of Wacupp
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:56:16 PM »
Alas this is something that when using a modern skin has to be handled on a skin-by-skin case to the best of my knowledge (thanks to victhor for providing a quick solution for the noted skin).

There are solutions for classic skins via the 'freeze' plug-in but for modern skins the plug-in doesn't work & I've not seen anyone else attempt to do such things (I've not as the skin could be coded to limit movement if needed when such things were previously asked about over a decade ago).

Hopefully victhor's solution will do what's needed :)

-dro