Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Add an Option to exclude folders from Watch Folders  (Read 6978 times)

legoluigi00

• View Profile
Add an Option to exclude folders from Watch Folders
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:43:42 AM »
The title makes this pretty obvious, but still. Let's say that you have your Music folder as one of your watch folders, but you don't want one of the sub-folders ( as in not ALL of them) to be watched, but rather be excluded. Just simply add the option to do that.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Add an Option to exclude folders from Watch Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »
I thought that it was already possible to do that but from the config options provided it seems not (other than manually setting the folders one at a time & disabling the scanning within the sub-folders checkbox). So afaik, the only real way to see this happen would involve a replacement library plug-in which has the support to do what's wanted (tbh the watch folders mode needs re-working so it's not reliant upon scanning things but instead responding to OS provided file change notifications).

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »
Maybe a half way implementation (= easier - theoretically-) would be to instruct the scanner to ignore the folder containing a .nomedia file? Or it's still the same amount of work as re-doing the scanner?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
It's a good idea but I don't know off the top of my head how to get a .nomedia to be accounted for with how the scanner currently works (other than some invasive api hooking which I do but try to avoid where possible). So I think it will need a replacement but I'll keep this in mind (as it sounds like something from android or something like that without me searching for it, heh).

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
IT IS from Android, that's where I got the idea from. Plex also has it but is more complete, you can put content inside the .ignore file and the server will consider it.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »
Well, there already is an option to include/exclude sub-folders. Then you can just add the specific folders you want. A little more work, but it gets the job done. AFAIK, there is no limit to the number of folders that can be added to the watch folders list.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
Aye that works though there's room to tweak how it's done :)

IT IS from Android, that's where I got the idea from. Plex also has it but is more complete, you can put content inside the .ignore file and the server will consider it.
That's interesting using other files to allow inclusion as needed.

-dro