Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 132760 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2017, 05:05:27 AM »
You can disable Cycle file info and click the last line until it display the year. It'll stay there. You can even make more space by hiding Rating stars!

That way of controlling what is displayed on the 5th line of the file info panel does not work for me. I have to wait until the 5th line cycles to the data I want displayed and then disable cycling.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
I think I remember that one could used zipped skins... I also tried renaming to wsz and wal... same result.
It does but winamp doesn't like it if the contents in the zip (or a wsz or wal - which are just re-named zip files) are initially within a folder. As the modern skin engine doesn't try to dig down a level to then look for the skin.xml file that it needs to find to know how to load the skin. Either way, it's a simple thing that victhor can resolve the next there's a skin update ;)

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
That way of controlling what is displayed on the 5th line of the file info panel does not work for me. I have to wait until the 5th line cycles to the data I want displayed and then disable cycling.

Weird, it should at least do ONE cycle and then stop. Is not the expected behaviour but I can do it currently. I expect to fix it completely for the next build.

Either way, it's a simple thing that victhor can resolve the next there's a skin update ;)

No sir, that's an amateur mistake, I'm beyond that (most of the time hah). The skin NEEDS to be used on a folder because of the sendmessage.exe. The skin works zipped but buttons on the Playlist Info View don't.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 02:50:31 PM »
Either way, it's a simple thing that victhor can resolve the next there's a skin update ;)

No sir, that's an amateur mistake, I'm beyond that (most of the time hah). The skin NEEDS to be used on a folder because of the sendmessage.exe. The skin works zipped but buttons on the Playlist Info View don't.

Tbh I thought that was still broken due to the shortcut issues & it not making using of the install folder to know where things need to be found. Not using sendmessage.exe would be simpler (& safer) but I guess that's got to be kept around for older installs where it's not possible to leverage the native command-line support in 5.66x.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 03:10:28 PM »
By the way, I tried to invoque invoke Winamp.exe and some command lines from a button script but can't make it work, seems like Winamp has some security mechanism active to prevent and .exe running from within the skin system. Being Winamp itself what I'm trying to run it must probably be me not hitting the spot..
I'll try to use a shortcut aiming to winamp.exe and see if that gets me somewhere...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:17:13 PM by victhor »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
That's a bit odd as being able to run sendmessage.exe (directly or via a shortcut) is probably more in-secure than trying to invoke winamp itself. Might be best to follow up on this outside of this thread (not sure those just wanting to get the skin would be too interested in the techy stuff :) ).

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »

Weird, it should at least do ONE cycle and then stop. Is not the expected behaviour but I can do it currently. I expect to fix it completely for the next build.

My solution doesn't work either. After a while the data changes back to what was shown when just disabling cycling and the desired data doesn't persist when changing skins. The top 3 items are fixed. If more than 2 additional items are selected then eventually only the top 2 additional items selected are shown when disabling cycling. Hopefully your fix for the next version will provide for better control over which 5 items are displayed in a non-cycling info panel.

I don't really have a problem with the current implementation. I just want to see 3 additional items, so I don't mind the 5th line cycling between 2 of them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:10:11 PM by Aminifu »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
Hi Victhor,

Would it be possible to use scrolling in all the places (except the playlist editor) where the %title%, %artist%, and %album% tag strings are too long to fit within the available space? I have some songs with long titles or album names and some with multiple artists performing in the song.

This would be better than using ellipses (...), imo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:03:07 PM by Aminifu »

PapaBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
Victhor,

WA user since 95 or possibly earlier, it's foggy earlier than that ;)

I'm loving your skin, it's been my default for the past couple of months. 

One thing I don't quite understand is the spectrum analyzer.  Is it mirror imaged (left/right) with low (bass) frequencies in the center?  It's hard to interpret what it's displaying, even though the visual is pretty cool.  How hard would it be to include a standard spectrum analyzer view (Low frequencies left to high frequencies right)?  Stereo view is nice, but even a mono view showing frequency analysis would be my preference.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
Sorry for the long time silent, I've been working on the skin a lot though, so I don't want to let the year end without giving you all forumers & Winampers a big thanks and a very happy new year! I'll probably use the first month of 2018 to finally release this beast, there is almost nothing left to do (except the fun part of color themes and extra goodies) so here's sort of a sneak peek of what you'll find on the next version (yeah, it's a changelog, such a terribly geeky gift it is hah). See you!

0.94 (part of what will be the final version actually):
New = (File info) Cool bg pic for streamings.
New = (File info) Animations on covers.
New = (File info) Added option to hide background.
New = (File info) Added option to scroll text if it doesn't fit.
New = Added Undo message/button after hiding Album art on File info.
New = Old browser replaced with Web Reader.
New = Added option to open links on default browser or in the new and handy Web Reader (internal browser).
New = Added Hover image to Frame divider (on main display) so it's easier to differentiate when (and what) is going to be selected.
Fixed = Notification no longer ignores "Relative to viewport" option on vertical taskbar (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = Snap to edges when the SUI is hidden no longer leaves an "empty" enlarged player.
Fixed = Track info is no longer visible on "Branding view" (big Winamp logo).
Fixed = All internet searches will play well with "&" character.
Fixed = Fullscreen state is saved between sessions (+ a lot of AeroSnap behaviours).
Fixed = (Notifications) Multi-monitor support.
Fixed = (File info) Click to cycle file info.
Fixed = Restored "Link shade and player width" option.
Fixed = Restored "On Titlebar Doubleclick" options.
Fixed = Playlist search bar doesn't deactivate instantly if PL is not visible.
Fixed = Re-enabled "Skin settings" menu entry
Fixed = Re-enabled "EQ" menu entry
Improved = File info tags has new items: BPM (new) and Publisher (re-added).
Improved = "Album art not found" pics way sharper now across the whole skin (including radio pics).
Improved = Implemented Aero snap fixes by PJN123 (now is possible to move player to another screen with AeroSnap enabled).
Improved = (Custom buttons) One more option (Winamp install folder) + a lot of translation work.
Improved = (Custom buttons) Translation and general legibility improvements for "Open Folder/URL" dialog.
Improved = (File Info) Hide Cover button now shows on entering the Album cover area.
Improved = Small tweaks to achieve a 100% translatable skin without tweaking images.
Improved = (Notifier) Long strings scroll if not enough space.

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »
Excellent! Work!
I can't wait to use the final version. Thank you for your work. It is greatly appreciated.

PS. I love changelogs

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2018, 11:15:07 PM »
PS. I love changelogs
Me too :)

The next update of the skin sounds like it'll be a good one, yay!

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
Update for those not following Winamp forums: I've been quite slow on the last bits of development (which turned out to be a lot of small work actually). I've done the light version (which are actual separate graphics and colors, not just a theme..), and a windows 10 (dark). Dark and light themes are specific to each skin version (around 50 themes each), now I'm just about to finish win10 light version and I'm done.

Another thing that slowed me down a lot was that I've spent a lot of time trying to decrease the loading time, currently too high for a skin, but I couldn't do much because there are lots of animations and it's a skin full of features, so it won't be a fast loading skin sadly, specially on Win 10 (don't know why), but once it loads it works like a charm =).

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2018, 02:40:45 PM »
Hey Victhor!!
You've been quiet but it's good to see you're still working behind the scenes!
Can't wait to use this beast!

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2018, 02:44:47 PM »
Also one request before release.
One of the "modern winamp" color theme is strange.
I'm sorry I'm in my phone and cannot make a screen shot, but if you compare looking at the media library for example, the text is the same color as the background. It doesn't stand out like the original modern shin. I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not.