Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 133246 times)

Celahir

• View Profile
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
Absolutely adore this skin, I've got some small oddities I've noticed during general use:

When the skin is docked (at the top, I presume bottom gives the same issue) and expanded it swaps from the media library tab (the one I last opened) to the visualization tab and starts the visualizer. Basically, every time you expand the docked bar it starts the visualizer.

I've also noticed I can no longer expand from bar mode into full mode when double clicking on the bar, I'm not sure if this is a skin issue, but it seems so.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
Hi Celahir, I can't reproduce the docking issue, but I can try to change the Win7 snap feature to behave differently when using Docking.

I disabled on  purpose some original features like that of double click to switch to shade. I'll try to add it for future releases.

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
When you hover your mouse over the "Track Progress" bar it highlights the whole thing, but the highlight doesn't go all the way back to the end.
I have included a screen shot to illustrate. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 06:02:35 PM »
That's actually intended, a whole glow didn't look good, so I made it like "fade" on each side. There is room to improve the quality of the fade maybe, I'll look into it.

Funny that you didn't notice another thing that is actually wrong there, precisely because of that fade, the beginning of the middle section overlaps with the end of the first section (see screenshot). That probably happens with the end section too, but is not seen because it's covered by the seek thumb.

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »
I am glad that is intended behavior.
I have to say that I still don't see what you mentioned.
Is it one of those "developer" things where you know it is there and it bothers you but no one else can see it?

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 10:36:56 PM »
Heh kind of.. But if you look closely you'll see too..

Celahir

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 04:47:19 AM »
Hi Celahir, I can't reproduce the docking issue, but I can try to change the Win7 snap feature to behave differently when using Docking.

I disabled on  purpose some original features like that of double click to switch to shade. I'll try to add it for future releases.

I'll have a proper look at the settings and circumstances and see if I can recreate it on another machine, aside from that, again, fantastic work!

WowMachine

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »
I REALLY like it, but it doesn't seem to handle my multiple monitor setup.... I normally use winamp modern and have it all on 1 of 3 monitors... when I switch to Big Bento modern, it moves over to the 'main monitor.' When I try to re-locate it back to the other screen, it appears to move but a white outline appears on the side of the monitor that I'm moving from, and when I release the mouse, the main window disappears from the side-monitor and re-appears where the outline was on the side of the main monitor.

Good work though! It looks great!

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »
That's the Snap to windows feature, to move the skin to another screen disable it first (skin settings or trough Right click menus). There is a planned fix on this for the next version anyway!

WowMachine

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »
Ah! Got it! Wow, there are a lot of submunus still to explore! I hit that little thing and chalked it up to my idiosyncratic setup. Thanks!

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »
I'm loving this more and more!

Some remarks:

• When you "hover" over the tabs the pop up just says "Switch Tabs" Can you make those hover over details say what the buttons actually are? Media Library, Visualization, etc.
  • Is the Browser tab still useful? All it does is tell you that "You've asked for client.winamp.com."
  • Starting up the skin with 2 cd covers feels messy. Would it not look cleaner if Album Art was turned off by default in File Info Components?
  • The notfound cover image and the Shoutcast cover image do not scale up well.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 12:16:33 AM »
Ey! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've seen your message on the Winamp Forums but never got around to reply, so I'm doing it here since there are some extra stuff:

Is the Browser tab still useful? All it does is tell you that "You've asked for client.winamp.com."
My intention is to replace it with the Reader from cPro2, but I still haven't got to that.

Starting up the skin with 2 cd covers feels messy. Would it not look cleaner if Album Art was turned off by default in File Info Components?
Well, I intend to add a couple of extra functions to this "feature", like cycling through jpg/png/gif found on the same folder, or even artist picture (from a locally -properly- named file). THEN I will add several options to it, including disabling it altogether.

The notfound cover image and the Shoutcast cover image do not scale up well.
Yeah, this will be fixed for next version!

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
Is the Browser tab still useful? All it does is tell you that "You've asked for client.winamp.com."
My intention is to replace it with the Reader from cPro2, but I still haven't got to that.

That is a good idea but please replace AlbumArtExchange with something else because AlbumArtExchange is blocking several countries, including mine.

Starting up the skin with 2 cd covers feels messy. Would it not look cleaner if Album Art was turned off by default in File Info Components?
Well, I intend to add a couple of extra functions to this "feature", like cycling through jpg/png/gif found on the same folder, or even artist picture (from a locally -properly- named file). THEN I will add several options to it, including disabling it altogether.

Which one? The one in the bottom right corner or the one between the songticker and file info? Or both? You can already turn off the latter by clicking on the rectangular ellipsis, selecting File Info Components and unchecking Album Art. What I suggested is start BBM with a single cd cover in the bottom right corner and have Album Art unchecked in File Info Components by default. Whoever likes to watch two album covers can enable Album Art for File Info themselves.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:30:59 AM by ariszlo »

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
Plus it's a relief it's not a WACUP specific issue unlike we had with the Invicta skin.

Which version of Invicta? Version 1.0, Version 1.1 or Version 1.31?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 12:44:40 PM »
Plus it's a relief it's not a WACUP specific issue unlike we had with the Invicta skin.

Which version of Invicta? Version 1.0, Version 1.1 or Version 1.31?
That issue wasn't down to a specific skin version but how the replacement png image loading worked in WACUP vs native (it related to gamma correction handling which is more of an issue for older png files).

-dro