Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 133257 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
Awesome skin! I wish I had one of those monitors that could really make use of the size! Luckily Christmas is coming up.

Thanks! You don't need a big monitor to enjoy it though, the skin is "better PREPARED for larger resolutions" but not especially designed to only work fine on it. Hope that makes sense..

..the number 2 is missing from the Color Themes menu.
Color themes are not final, I just included those which are there to test the colors, but final version will have many color themes as usual on me. In the meantime, as one of the "hidden details" the skin has, you can use any of the Official Bento Color themes (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=276371). The skin is prepared to support it, although the final result will be obviously different (better on some cases, worse on others..).

[EDIT]
I answered a couple of my own questions. I clicked on that bar that is in the wrong place and it switched places to the right of the tabs text. Then once I did that, the info bubble started to appear and I saw that it was the show/hide tab's text message. So clicking that allowed me to collapse the tabs to just the icons and now the bar stays in the right place it seems.

The thing is that although you may be able to get around it, that button is not supposed to work like that (it should work fine right from the beginning), so I'm right now trying to fix it for good (I think I can also make it "remember" how you set it -if open or closed- between sessions..).

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 07:04:14 AM »
Updated the skin to 0.92, see main post for details / new download.

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 11:10:39 AM »
Looks like the Tab Text/Icon button is in the right spot now.  :)

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
Awesome Work!
And it seems that the skin tabs will "remember" how you set it. Excellent!
One small suggestion (and I am not sure if this is already on your list or not) When you "hover" over the tabs the pop up just says "Switch Tabs" Can you make those hover over details say what the buttons actually are? Media Library, Visualization, etc.
I am falling in love with this skin!

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »
Victhor,
What font do you use and how do you render it?
I have problems with Polish chars... in most cases it looks bad (but at least polish chars are displayed!)
Is there any way to improve it? Now, Polish chars are bigger/thicker... (ć, ó and ł looks OK, but ś ż ź ą ę ń looks bad).
[To see ć -> press ALT+C, ś -> ALT+ s, etc... in Polish keyboard (Polish Programmer)]

Take a look: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506433129/dddu.png
My font settings: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506433341/Font_Settings.png

-Pawel
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:01:26 PM by Pawel »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
Suggestion (which can be completely ignored as it might not be useful for most). from looking at the screenshot attached, would we be able to have some way to integrate the waveform seeker window into an upper portion of the skin window (above the player controls) or even as a panel in-between the play controls and the media library section.

Is just a random thought as it'd make that aspect feel more integrated than having a window docked to the top and wasting precious screen space from the added window borders.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
@Juanus: Yes, Tabs need their own tooltip and I tried to fix it but there's a script interfering so I still haven't got around it (that was only one of 56 scripts that cracked my head at some point XD ). So it is on my to do list of course =).

@Pawel: I use Swis721, a lovely font, specially well displayed by Winamp at most sizes, with a right balance between condensed and clearness / readability (the former needed to not waste space on long strings and the later for small buttons texts and... everything else!). It handle well my spanish "ñ" and accented vowels so I imagined it would work fine on most scenarios, but I knew it wouldn't be enough so it's also on my list to find a font checking all boxes and also displaying your special characters.

I'm also planning on an "extra-detail" to assign diferent identifiers to fonts used on different situations so it's easier / better to use Winamp's font mapper, even thought the general font used is the same. I.E: All fonts would be "Swis721", but the songticker is identified as "songticker-font", the File info as "file-info-font", and so on. That way in the Font Mapper you will be able to set each one according to your needs (even increasing size some points, there's room for that too -yeah I thought about almost everything 8) -).

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
Suggestion (which can be completely ignored as it might not be useful for most). from looking at the screenshot attached, would we be able to have some way to integrate the waveform seeker window into an upper portion of the skin window (above the player controls) or even as a panel in-between the play controls and the media library section.

Hmmm... being a plugin, it's hard to integrate it other than as a general container for "plug-ins" like in cPro. Is not a bad idea, I could implement it like in cPro, it would be located on the SUI area as another tab, but there's a Winamp limit there where the plugins opened like that (integrated as a SUI window) have to forcibly be auto-closed, it happens on cPro. I'd have to look at the limits of it and see if it's acceptable to have it auto-closed everytime Winamp is closed (I remember it not being well received for some users with specific plugins).
Maybe something can be done from the WACUP side to fix it? I'd have to look on the forums where I saw some talking about this limitation (I hope it's not on the Skin Consortium forum which is sort of broke right now..)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:31:53 PM by victhor »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
I'm really not too sure what's involved on such things other than I have to ensure a GUID is set on the generic skinned window from within the plug-in's code and then I give that GUID to the skinner and they do their magic :)  I vaguely remember being told what's meant to happen but I can't remember how / where I was told about it.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
..and then I give that GUID to the skinner and they do their magic :)  I vaguely remember being told what's meant to happen but I can't remember how / where I was told about it.

If it's just a GUID implementation.. then we're not that far from something very VERY cool (that I wanted or AGES!).. like this mockup..

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
That's the sort of thing I was thinking :)

-dro

synthetiq

• E Pluribus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 07:48:33 PM »
Just WoW!
This makes wanna be a beta tester like "100 years" ago again!
Keep the good works comming... I wanna be a beta tester now!
Based in Lisbon/Portugal

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »
I wanna be a beta tester now!
I just need to code faster & get a new beta build ready & then you (and the other pending requests) will be added :)

-dro

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
The best would be if waveform seeker looks like in AIMP (http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506521149/AIMP.png) - in progress bar.

Victhor,
Two issues:
1. Is it possible to change the following behavior of the skin:
- When I click Next or Previous button the "Next Track" or "Previous Track" is displayed on Song Title area -> http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506521406/Next_Previous.png
It is displayed about 3 seconds... in this time I don't see the song title (ATF string) - it is not good... if i click Next/Next I want to see a song title... instead I have to wait 3 seconds to see a title...
Maybe this info (Next Track) could be displayed on other field? or <1s?
Ps: yes, I can see this info in "File Info" area... but File Info area can be hidden - SongTicker is always visible.

2. In mopst time I use Winamp with your skin docked to the top of my screen (hidden). When I move mouse it shows up (Windows Settings/Docked Toolbar/Top+AutoHide)
Sometimes, when the window is showing the part of skin is "not refreshed". See the image: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506522072/InterfaceUpdateneeded.png
The window need to be updated...

It should be like this: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506522101/OK.png

3. Last image shows next problem: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506522158/OK.png
"KBPS" is cutted... 44KH -> shouldn't it be 44.1 KHz?

Ps: The problem with fonts and Polish characters is solved (I replaced the font by another one that shows beautiful Polish characters).

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
Cooool, these observations come in handy =)

The best would be if waveform seeker looks like in AIMP (http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506521149/AIMP.png) - in progress bar.

Sort of the idea on my mockup.. is it? Or you mean with the seeker below playback buttons?

1. Is it possible to change the following behavior of the skin:
- When I click Next or Previous button the "Next Track" or "Previous Track" is displayed on Song Title area -> http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506521406/Next_Previous.png
It is displayed about 3 seconds... in this time I don't see the song title (ATF string) - it is not good... if i click Next/Next I want to see a song title... instead I have to wait 3 seconds to see a title...
Maybe this info (Next Track) could be displayed on other field? or <1s?

Yeah, it's annoying, I have planned to directly removed that info (is pointless in my opinion) and also the "Stop playback" that's triggered when playback is already stop (i.e. it shows with the hit of the button, no matter if the music is playing or not). I'll do all these while trying to clear up a bit more the display area, which also shows un-timed info like "Prog button set to..."when showing Muti-tools panel.

2. In mopst time I use Winamp with your skin docked to the top of my screen (hidden). When I move mouse it shows up (Windows Settings/Docked Toolbar/Top+AutoHide)
Sometimes, when the window is showing the part of skin is "not refreshed".

Cool, I've seen this happen but couldn't reproduce it, will check it out, I think I know what's happening there..

3. Last image shows next problem: http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1506522158/OK.png
"KBPS" is cutted... 44KH -> shouldn't it be 44.1 KHz?

I think "44" is used as abreviation, just for the sake of simplicity. Is like that on the original Bento too. The cut out text is because how constrained is the space for each data box. Some more air in there won't hurt (after all, is a small area even when all data is shown). Adding it to my to do list!

Ps: The problem with fonts and Polish characters is solved (I replaced the font by another one that shows beautiful Polish characters).

Good, because I haven't found many fonts fulfilling what Winamp needs (stated before). I'll keep looking though.