Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 132762 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
Also one request before release.
One of the "modern winamp" color theme is strange.
I'm sorry I'm in my phone and cannot make a screen shot, but if you compare looking at the media library for example, the text is the same color as the background. It doesn't stand out like the original modern shin. I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not.

Precisely that's why I've re-done most themes and had to fine-tune the gammagroups so it will work better with the themes found on the winamp forum thread. So, be cool because that's already been taken care of ;)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »
^^ that's the sort of thing we get from those who care :)

the skin loading thing is a challenge and even if you can delay certain things with timers, the modern skin format sadly will load everything as is it's way.

looking forward to what the updates will be like when we're able to get our grubby little mitts on them :)

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »
Hooray!!!
Very exciting. Count me as another person who can't wait to try it out. Especially after re reading that last change log you posted.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
^^ that's the sort of thing we get from those who care :)

Please, you make me blush XD

the skin loading thing is a challenge and even if you can delay certain things with timers, the modern skin format sadly will load everything as is it's way.

Exactly, I tried a lot of things (from my simple approach of delaying or not loading at all..) but didn't make much difference. The only noticeable difference was when disabling more than 6 or 7 scripts AND some components (like visualization window), so it was a no go.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2018, 10:13:50 PM »
Released!!! >> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,327.0.html

[[ Thread closed so I can keep the conversation on the "final-version" thread ]]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:26:01 AM by victhor »