Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Winamp - hot off the press (Arstechnica)  (Read 7391 times)

dsp_amp

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Winamp - hot off the press (Arstechnica)
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »
Winamp makes it to the frontpage of Arstechnica but they left out the fact WACUP exists. I have messaged the author of the article.

It would be nice to get more visibility for the next generation of users and the 'old' :)

arstechnica.co.uk/business/2017/07/winamp-how-greatest-mp3-player-undid-itself/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:15:25 PM by dsp_amp »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Winamp - hot off the press (Arstechnica)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
That seems very much like a re-posting of the original article from a few years back (2013 time-scale iirc).

-dro

blacklord049

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »
Winamp is not dead to me
Proof : http://vincent-lecomte.blogspot.be/2017/05/multimedia-winamp-community-update-pack.html
Winamp is part of the "family", since Windows 98... I'm now 28 and I'm still using it on my Windows 10 desktop.

By the way I asked to become a beta tester but I still don't get access to the downloads :-)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:38:03 PM by blacklord049 »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:18:08 AM »
By the way I asked to become a beta tester but I still don't get access to the downloads :-)
Please see https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,78.0.html for the general process of being accepted (i've set it as a sticky thread now so it's simpler to find). Basically when the next beta build is released to testers then pending requests will be added - normally that's only up to a 2 weeks wait but things have been odd for the last two months (ill health & things taking a while to resolve) which means I'm behind on a new beta build being made available (but there should be a new one by the end of this month).

-dro