Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)  (Read 26461 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2023, 03:02:38 AM »
Hi ariszlo,

Main thing, no more crashes when using this skin. Must have been something else triggering them.

Thank you very much for the updated fileinfo script. Now I always get the expected 5 line display in the info box.

I'm still seeing the same album art for the initial pl selection displayed 5 times in the second info box, instead of album art for the first 5 pl entries. It's really not a big deal since it corrects itself after the initial selection is played or I switch to another selection. Since you're not seeing this, it's probably something it my configuration causing it. I'm only using mp3s at the moment and all the files have embedded album art images.

I'm also using the gen_win7shell plug-in that dro updated for use with WACUP. It can be used for customizing what's displayed when pointing to WACUP's taskbar icon. I configured it to display album art for the pl selection as it's background. Sometimes this album art is not displayed. Maybe this plug-in or whatever is causing it to randomly fail to display album art is involved with why I see multiple versions of the same album art for the initial pl selection upon loading WACUP with this skin.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 03:47:18 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2023, 01:09:28 PM »
I configured it to display album art for the pl selection as it's background.

That makes no difference to me. My guess is that the issue might be related to playlist size (my playlists are quite short). What happens if you increase the delays in coverflow.m?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2023, 12:54:48 AM »
Hi ariszlo,

Nothing I try gets the coverflow to work correctly when this version of the skin is initially loaded with my configuration of WACUP. So, I returned to the script version released 8/19/21. Please don't waste more time looking into this. It's easy for me to get it working, as I explained earlier. I simply need to do whatever action that causes WACUP to issue a title change message.

The important thing for me is you got the expected 5 line display to work correctly all the time (when first loaded and during playback regardless of what's listed consecutively in a playlist).

PS:
Have you noticed the number of times this thread as been read? It appears there is a lot of interest, but only a hand-full of people have chosen to make a comment.  ::)

PSS:
Good news. With the latest beta v1.9.10.16000, the coverflow feature corrects itself as soon as playback starts.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:58:10 AM by Aminifu »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2023, 11:17:59 AM »
PS:
Have you noticed the number of times this thread as been read? It appears there is a lot of interest, but only a hand-full of people have chosen to make a comment.  ::)
Don't assume it's users. As bots / scraping also seem to be treated as a view.

PSS:
Good news. With the latest beta v1.9.10.16000, the coverflow feature corrects itself as soon as playback starts.
Am waiting for the PSSS where it's then not behaving. Not sure why it'd now be behaving as I'd not looked at this skin for the work on that build & only obvious things relate to some of the metadata reading adjustments from the local library.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »
Hi dro,

You jinxed it this time. The coverflow feature is back to it's bad behavior. It again only starts working correctly when another track is selected or when the next track starts playing after the initial track has played.   ;D

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2023, 01:38:27 PM »
I didn't expect it to be actually fixed because it's something fundamentally wrong with the skin / it's scripts vs timings / metadata interactions along with the problem that gen_ff has in using a shared buffer for metadata requests which is not thread-safe i.e. different things can go on & overwrite that memory whilst another action is already trying to get the info - that's why whichever script it was that got changed in this/another skin fixed the metadata being wrong as it's altering when those metadata calls are made & avoids the gen_ff core implementation design failure.

-dro

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2023, 07:53:29 PM »
Nothing I try gets the coverflow to work correctly when this version of the skin is initially loaded with my configuration of WACUP.

Are the slivers ok in v2.0.5?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2023, 02:11:53 AM »
Version 2.0.5 doesn't have the coverflow feature. It's the main reason I'm not using it, along with a bad implementation of automated speakers, imo.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 02:46:15 AM by Aminifu »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2023, 04:21:19 AM »
Hi ariszlo,

I'm also using your script that displays in the seek bar tool tip the percentage of playback used and scripts for animated speakers from another skin. I didn't bother to disable them to see if they're involved with the coverflow issue. I'm going to keep using these scripts even if they are.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:22:09 AM by Aminifu »

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2023, 07:17:37 AM »
Version 2.0.5 doesn't have the coverflow feature.

It does but there is a difference. If songs from the same album have different cover arts then v1.63 (left) shows all covers, while v2.05 (right) only shows the cover of the first song.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2023, 08:26:37 AM »
Sorry for the miss-information. I need to do better. You are correct.

In my defense, such as it is, I have v2.0.5 installed with Winamp and I very seldom use it. I try to keep up with what's going on with Winamp, but other than a brief period of testing a new release, I only use it when I need to embed album art. Now when I need to do that, I mostly use the Quinto Black CT v3.7 skin.

Now that you have pointed out my error, I remember that I don't like the way coverflow works in v2.0.5. I should have said it works differently, instead of saying it doesn't have the feature. I now remember I don't like a lot of the changes in v2.0.5.

As you know, there are 4 images instead of 5 and the portions of album art are larger in v2.0.5. It takes a little longer for each image to appear and I don't have the same image repeating when I load Winamp with v2.0.5. It works as expected, in that I get the images from the selected track in the playlist and the first few following it.

Of course WACUP, with core code changes, now works a lot differently than Winamp, internally. Anyway since you don't have my coverflow issue with WACUP, it probably is something in my configuration or the way it's setup causing this issue (which is very easy for me to live with since a solution has not been quickly found). Of as dro says, it's due to the way gen_ff lets requests for metadata from different threads at the same time get stepped on.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:10:28 AM by Aminifu »

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2023, 07:59:36 PM »
In fact, I myself like version 1.6 better. :D
It's just that in version 2 I was too focused on neatness and style
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 08:02:29 PM by Denis »