Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Is there a plugin that permits WACUP to play .m4b files?  (Read 1953 times)

musicaficionado3516

• Beta Tester
  • "Just enjoy yourself ヾ(´〇`)ノ♪♪♪ "
    • View Profile
Is there a plugin that permits WACUP to play .m4b files?
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:17:31 AM »
I have some audiobooks (in m4b format) I would like to play through WACUP, however it apparently does not play them natively. Is there a plugin somewhere that allows me to play them with WACUP or will I be better off converting them to something else?
"Just enjoy yourself  ヾ(´〇`)ノ♪♪♪ "

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a plugin that permits WACUP to play .m4b files?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:37:18 AM »
You can try adding the M4B extension to nullsoft directshow decoder play it. it still depends on various factors like audio encoding used, whether file is DRM protected, if its DRM protected then it may not play in WACUP
steps to open the config
Preferences -> plugins -> input -> click on Nullsoft directshow decoder in right pane -> click configure at bottom of preferences window. add the extension after adding ; .
ENSURE THAT you don't change, delete, mistype any extension in that box.
please post details about your expriment with this, this will help others finding similar answers.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Is there a plugin that permits WACUP to play .m4b files?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:34:38 AM »
It might be better trying to convert them as the likely DRM aspect of M4B files isn't something I'm handling. It's not something I've looked into so I don't know if it's something that just needs another tool to decode it or if it's really just a better option & converting it to a non-restricted format (MP3 or normal MP4 sans DRM).

-dro