If it worked then you won’t have noticed…

Just a quick thing to say that I’ve just finished a few small changes that were needed to allow for everything with the site to work over HTTPS.

This has been done via the service Cloudflare.provides which I am honestly most impressed at how it took so little effort to do (just a few hours for things to propagate and my fixing some hard-coded http:// prefixes) and just what the free plan provides.

So hopefully everything is working ok with these changes and nothing has broken (I’ve not been able to find anything so far) and will be keeping an eye on how things work with this new setup. Next thing will have to be doing something to improve the overall response time of the blog but that’s for another time :o)



  1. The only thing that I noticed is that my RSS feed had downloaded duplicates from week 10 on. Otherwise, looks good. Keep up the great work.

  2. Thank you for the ‘it still works’ confirmation :o) I can only assume that it did that for you due to it seeing http:// and https:// as different things when it probably should just be looking at anything after the // as the part to base things on (am guilty of having done just that, heh).

  3. I’m the same as Juanus, I saw lots of “new” old feeds in my RSS Reader.
    Otherwise, looking good!